Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Patching

We have so much fun going to the pumkin patch and choosing our perfect pumpkin each year. This year was bitter sweet with the knowledge that this might be our last Halloween for a couple years. I love watching each of my littles checking out hundreds of pumpkins and then finally deciding and being so proud of there pick.

Posted by Picasa
Then of course they have to be decorated. Since Wayne leaves soon and it is too early to carve them, we went with painting. It was so fun. Pretty creative pumpkins this year, if I do say so myself. And that polka-dot one is amazing.




2 comments:

Joni said...

What a fun idea, painting the pumpkins! Your kids look like they are having a blast!

Andrea said...

We actually grew a pumpkin patch in our backyard this year, and got 11 pumpkins out of it! Half are still green (s'okay, they'll last longer that way.) I think we're going to have to do a polka dot pumpkin - that looks AWESEOME!
And you didn't have to get orange goo everywhere!